A leaking Glacier Bay bathroom faucet is something anyone with a few basic skills can fix with very little expense. The entire repair takes only about ten minutes, and costs under $20, depending on how many cartridges you have to replace.
Glacier Bay faucets have a cartridge valve that controls water flow inside the faucet handle. Double handle Glacier Bay faucets have two cartridges, while single handle faucets have just one. To fix a leaking Glacier Bay bathroom faucet, all you need to do is locate the leak and replace the cartridge.
1. Turn off the water by closing the water valves below the faucet.
2. Pry out the rubber cap on the handle with a knife if there is one. Double handle bathroom sink models have a red and blue cap.
4. Unscrew the adapter on the handle by gripping the base of the cartridgewith pliers and turning the screw on the adapter with a screwdriver. Take the adapter off.
5. Unscrew the retaining nut at the base of the handle with a pair of adjustable pliers. This nut secures the cartridge in the faucet. You can see the plier heads are taped to prevent scratching the nut surface.
7. Rebuild the faucet by replacing all the parts. Repeat these steps on the other handle (on double handle faucets) if the leak persists .